With over 30 degreed engineers on staff, Lectrus has the credentials, capacity and experience to design a wide variety of products to house and protect electrical power distribution and generation equipment. Located in Located in all three plants, Lectrus engineering teams have between 200-300 projects in various stages of design at any one time.
After order confirmation, our team of electrical, structural, mechanical and control systems engineers and designers prepare drawings in 2D (AutoCAD) and/or 3D (SolidWorks) format for customer approval after following a consistent design process:
- Layout power and control equipment, doors, HVAC, fire suppression, communications, utilities, etc.
- Size structural base members for anticipated loads including seismic, wind, snow, blast, etc.
- Position cross members for electrical gear, floor & wall penetrations and shipping splits
- Identify structural lift support points and assembly scheme
- Develop routings for cable tray, bus duct, arc plenum, etc.
- Design walls, ceiling and roof to provide adequate support and maintain shipping limits
- Engineer columns, stairs, platforms and superstructure
We design every walk-in metal enclosure to optimize available space and assure compliance with both the project specifications and all domestic (NEC, UL, NEMA, NFPA, API, IBC, etc.) or international codes (IEC, IP, AS, etc.). In addition, designs can be provided with PE-stamped electrical, structural, and HVAC calculations in all 50 states, as well as state and regional certifications.